We’ll call this “Boujee Hamburger Helper”!
My favorite thing about Hamburger Helper is that it tastes just as good, if not better, as leftovers. This recipe is no different!
This is a creamy, flavorful recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 Package Dry Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 oz (1/2 can) of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomato, lightly drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- Swirl 1 tbsp olive oil around in a large skillet over medium high. In a single layer, add gnocchi to the pan. Allow to toast for 3-4 minutes, flip, and allow other side to toast for another 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Over medium high heat, add remaining olive oil and bell pepper, and diced onion to the skillet. Cook until onionis translucent and bell pepper is tender but not soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and chopped jalapeno. Cook until fragrant, about 30-45 seconds.
- Add beef to the vegetable mixture in the skillet, and stirring occasionally, cook until meat is browned.
- Stir in tomato past and mustard until combined.
- Pour in diced tomato, and stir to combine.
- Add gnocchi to the pan, and pour in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low/medium-low. Cover, and stirring occasionally, let simmer until at least 1/2 of the broth has evaporated, or about 10 minutes.
- Add in heavy cream and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Serve topped with chopped green onion.