We have been trying to consume less meat around my house, which means we have simultaneously been consuming a lot more pasta. If you have ever been concerned that eating meatless will leave you unsatiated, you were wrong!
If you love creamy pasta bursting with flavor and the tiniest dash of nutritious value, this is the recipe for you!
**If anyone has non-pasta meatless recipes – hook your girl up!!**
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 – 40 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 16 oz alfredo sauce
- 3 cups spinach
- 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 7 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Oven ready lasagna noodles
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms until tender – about 4 minutes. (Pro-tip: If you have non-stick cookware, you don’t really need to use oil since mushrooms release a lot of liquid while they are cooking.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, about ¾ of the shredded mozzarella and seasoning. Stir to combine.
- In a greased baking dish, spread a thin layer of the Alfredo sauce across the bottom. (You can find my recipe for homemade Alfredo sauce here.
- Next, lay noodles on top of sauce. Cover noodles in a layer of the cottage cheese and shredded cheese mixture. Top with about half of your sautéed mushrooms, and then cover with a layer of spinach.
- Add another layer of noodles, then Alfredo sauce, and repeat step 4. (The size of your dish will determine the number of layers you will end up with. For a 9 X 13 dish I got two layers.)
- After you have laid the final layer of spinach, pour the rest of the Alfredo sauce across the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake at 375º for 35-40 minutes.
- If you don’t have oven ready noodles, you will need to boil your pasta prior to assembly. If you do this, you will only need to bake for 10-15 minutes.